Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Carry On Essentials!

          With spring break just around the corner (or already here for some of us), I though I would show you my carry on essentials! Since I am going on a trip soon, I thought this was the perfect time to make this post. These are all items that I take with me when I fly, but these are all essential for long train or car rides as well:)


1. Big Cozy Scarf
This is sooo important for me to have while travelling. It can get really cold on flights, and a cozy knit scarf can be a life saver. They are insanely comfy and cute, this one is from Victoria's Secret.

2. Magazine or Book
The worst thing ever is sitting on a plane/train and being bored out of your mind. Especially on flights without wifi, having something to read can seriously pass the time. I like magazines because they keep my attention for a long time, and I can bring 2 or 3 and be occupied for basically the whole flight (obviously that depends on how long the flight is). I like to buy them before I like to buy them before I go to the airport so I don't end up spending 30$ on reading material. Bonus- the cute outfit ideas you get while reading :)

3. Headphones
This is kind of a no brainer, but I can't go anywhere without headphones. Even if you don't want to listen to music, you can block out all the noise and relaaaax. This is just the pair that came with my phone.

4. Snacks
I think its super important to bring a snack on the plane. I usually just bring a granola bar and water because it's super easy, but you could also bring nuts, an apple or banana, or anything that's pretty easy to pack away. Here I have a Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate Chewy Bar.

5. Hair ties and bobby pins
Whenever I'm travelling I love to just get my hair out of my face so I don't have to worry about it. I just bring a few hair ties and bobby pins so I can throw my hair into a ponytail, messy bun, or braids.

6. Hand Sanitizer 
I know they clean the plane after every flight, but I can't help that I'm a little bit of a germaphobe. After I use the bathroom or eat I can just use some of this and kill germs while smelling nice. This one is in the scent Pink Chiffon and it's from Bath and Body Works.

7. Chapstick and Lipgloss
The dry airplane air can do serious damage to your lips, I always bring chapstick or lip balm. This one is my Original Baby Lips. I also like to bring lipgloss to put on when I get off the plane (is that weird? I just like it). Here I have the Peppermint Menthol lipgloss from Bath and Body Works, it is sheer pink and makes your breath smell amazing.

8. Pens and Paper
I love having pens/pencils and a little pad of paper. Just in case I get any ideas that I want to write down, or if I'm just super bored and want to doodle. And my notebook has One Direction on the cover so it can't really get any better!

9. Travel size perfume
I like to have something that I can put on if I'm feeling icky on the flight or if I want to put it on right before I get off the plane so I smell somewhat decent. Obviously having it in a little bottle is key so the security doesn't take it away, and so it doesn't take up a lot of space. This is my travel size Someday perfume by Justin Bieber. Its not my favorite scent but it gets the job done. 

So those are all of my travel/carry on essentials, Xoxo, Kyla

***Also! I really want to start a youtube channel, I know I don't have a lot of followers on here but if anyone thinks that would be cool please let me know!! I think it would be super fun and I have so many people that I watch on there. The whole youtube community just seems so great and nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment